The most depressing thing about last night’s 3-1 loss to the Padres?
1) Losing to a (now) 47-59 team coming off a rest and regroup day when the Brewers had already lost?
2) 0-6 with runners in scoring position against Tyson Ross, Blaine Boyer, Kevin Quackenbush and Joaquin Benoit?
3) Allen Craig wearing the collar – again – and dropping his average to .238 for the season while Oscar Taveras got another pinch hit in his only at bat?
4) Jason Mott getting torched – again – for another home run. His 7th on the season in only 21 innings of work, in one of the worst HR parks in MLB?
5) Losing a Lance Lynn start against a starting line-up that doesn’t feature one batter over .300 and 7 batters under .250?
I guess we’ll stop there for now. You get the point. The Cardinals had a golden opportunity to whoop up on some crap teams this past weekend and week before a huge series this weekend against the Brewers. So far? 2-2.
We did qualify hope with ‘little’, so here’s a screengrab of AJ Pierzynski taking some ownership of this pitching staff and getting Lance Lynn through a tough 6th inning with minimal damage: